Saturday, July 27, 2013

Best Online Shopping Sites

My name is Becky and I am an online shopping addict.  I am admitting this not because I want to get help for my problem, but because I want to help you develop the same addiction.  If you are a husband/father and you are reading this, I want to apologize, but I can't.  Your wife is going to buy things anyway, so you may as well save money!

I first became an online shopping addict when I moved to Blacksburg, Virginia which is the "lack of shopping capital of the Southeast."  Literally, I went into shopping withdrawal for the first 6 months or so that I lived here.  I credit amazon.com with saving my life.  Within a few weeks of discovering Amazon, I got an amazon.com credit card (amazing point value for airline tickets), joined Amazon Prime, and was back on track with my life.

Once I became a mom, online shopping proved to not only be enjoyable, but also necessary.  First of all, the convenience of it is unbelievable.  As much as it is nice to get out of the house when you have a baby, it is not always possible.  Secondly, babies are really, really expensive and you can save a ton of money by shopping the sales online.

So, here it is folks.  My top three baby/child related website recommendations for you.  Sign up now.  Trust me, you will be doing yourself a favor.

Moose's wardrobe has greatly benefitted 
from my online shopping addiction.

1. ebates.  I have to give credit for this one to my good friend Nicole.  I had heard of this site before, but it sounded too good to be true.  When Nicole told me it was legit, I signed up and it was pretty much love at first site.  Thank you, Nicole.

Pretty much how it works is that ebates pays you to shop.  Yes, really.  I swear up and down this is legit.  If you search for something on Google, say Macy's, and then you buy something, Google gets a kickback from Macy's.  Ebates is a search engine that pays part of that kickback to you every time that you buy something.  No freakin' joke.  It actually pays you to shop.

I obviously know most of the website where I shop (how hard is it to remember kohls.com or snapfish.com - which pays 10% back!), but I still plug them into ebates because I get money back.

As another bonus, when you sign up and make your first purchase, they will send you a $10 gift card to Target.  Again, dead serious.

Try it.  It will change your life.  If it doesn't, you have full permission to come to my house and pull my hair (having a child makes you remember how much that hurts).  I am that confident that you will love it.  Who doesn't love to get paid for things you have to (and want to) buy anyway?!

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=hJCD%2FsWzZiIpOdFgrKFtog%3D%3D

2. Diapers.com, which is actually a link to a family of 10 different websites.  Each one focuses on something different, like books, home stuff, healthy food, etc.  The secret to this website is their sales.  Their regular prices are sometimes a bit high, but their sales are pretty much unbeatable.

They run big discounts like 20% off of anything.  That doesn't sound like much, but I got a Cozy Coupe car, which is currently selling for $49.87 on Amazon for $34.00 using discounts.  I don't know about you, but I think that saving almost $15.00 on one item is pretty exciting.

Their book site (www.bookworm.com) routinely runs buy 3 books, get 1 free.  Again, an amazing deal, as their books are already on sale.

If you are currently a mom, you most likely know about food packets (another post on those later).  I am fairly certain that my family keeps Ella's Kitchen in business with our daughter's consumption of these delicious organic products.  The regular price on these is higher than Target, but every so often, they run a sale of buy 2 boxes, get 1 free, which puts them priced well below Target.

In the spring, they introduced a new website to their family called look.com and ran a promotion for 50% off.  That, coupled with their already awesome sale, bought me a pair of Stride Rite shoes for $12.50.

Go here to register: https://www.diapers.com/login.qs?target=createaccount&LoginFrom=&ReturnUrl=
If you enter this code (CHIL0417), you get a coupon for 20% off.

3. Amazon Mom.  As mentioned above, I am a true lover of Amazon.  Visiting amazon.com is like coming home for me.  They have a great program called Amazon Mom, which, for $79 per year, gives you free two-day shipping on pretty much everything with NO minimum purchase.  You can do overnight shipping for only $4.99 per item.

You get great discounts and coupons and can sign up for subscribe and save, which is a program that allows you to get scheduled deliveries of the items that you use most (diapers, wipes, etc).  The best part of this program is that you get 20% off of those things.

By the time your child is 1, you will feel like you are single-handedly paying for the executives at P&G to retire early based on your diaper consumption.  The 20% off helps.  Trust me.

The best part is...drumroll...you get to try this for free for THREE months!  Try it out.  You will be hooked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=sr_1_1_acs_h_1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529600&qid=1374944865&sr=8-1-acs

And there it is, my one woman effort to help Moms everywhere save money.  Do you have an awesome website that you swear by??  PLEASE share.  I am always looking for new ways to save and shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you, so please take a minute to leave me any comments, suggestions, funny stories, or advice about this journey called Mommyhood.

Becky :)