Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Tag!

Man oh man, do I love Christmas!  I seriously love everything about it: Santa, Christmas trees, giving presents, the songs, the food, the snow, the jingle bells, the movies, the decorating...every single thing.

And now I have one more thing to love: Blog Christmas Tag!  It is a fun game where you get "tagged" and have to answer questions about yourself that are related to Christmas.  I love stuff like this because I enjoy reading random things about other people.

This year, my first year, I was tagged by the lovely Leslie over at Violet Imperfection and the awesome Sandy over at Mother of Imperfection.  Be sure to check out their awesome blogs!  I am a regular reader of both.

And without further ado...


1 // What do you love the most about Christmas time?
Crap.  I just answered this one above.  Forgive me...it has been a week or so since I read the original one.  I will repeat though, I love it all!  If I had to choose 3 things, I would say Santa, Christmas trees, and buying gifts for people.  Oh, and hearing Myra sing Christmas Carols.  That was 4, but toddlers singing can't be excluded from anything.

Our Christmas Tree!

2 // Do you celebrate the holiday in style or is bah-humbug for you?
Total style.  I go all out and celebrate in every single way possible.  Now that I have a toddler, I, myself am not too stylish (I do have a few red shirts), but Moosey has 4 Christmas outfits, so we are literally a stylish family.

The bow, the boots, the necklace...this child is infinitely more stylish than I will ever be.

3 // Are you leaving anything out for Santa Claus this year so he remembers to leave your presents?
Undecided.  If we do, I think that Myra will be pissed that she can't eat the cookies.  Maybe we will leave him something like broccoli and see if it will actually entice Myra into eating vegetables.  Ha!  Wouldn't that be a Christmas miracle?!

4 // What is the one gift you are most looking forward to GIVING? {It can be to your kids, another family member, etc ~ remember to be discreet if they read your blog!}
Santa is bringing Myra a bike and she has been talking about it for months!  When you ask her what Santa is bringing, she immediately says, "bike!"  She is going to light up when she sees it under the tree on Christmas morning.  Can't wait! :)

I suspect that Santa will be leaving this under our tree on Christmas morning.  
If so, we are going to have one excited little Moose on our hands.  :)

5 // What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation because it has been a family tradition for a long time and it never gets old.  Plus, it is not only hilarious, but also highly quotable.  Before you write me off as totally un-sentimental, I also enjoy Frosty, the Grinch, Elf, and Miracle on 34th Street.

How can you not laugh at this part?!

6 // What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?
Why not just ask me to choose my favorite child?  Good thing I only have one.  I seriously can't choose.  I love all Christmas carols.  Except "Christmas Shoes."  I hate that one.

7 // If given the opportunity would you participate in an "Ugly Sweater" party and what sweater would you wear? Peruse one on the Internet or even in your own closet and show us!
Is that rhetorical?  Of course I would!  Here is the thing though, I remember when "ugly" Christmas sweaters were in style, so I actually kind of get nostalgic instead of appalled when I see them.  Unless, of course, they are just ridiculous or don't make any sense like this one:
Or if they have tinsel...

Both of these amazing sweaters were found on Google Images.

8 // Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?
We have been reading Twas The Night Before Christmas every day 4 times a day.  This was my tradition as a child and we started it with the Moose this year.  I can't believe how much she loves "Santa Book!"

9 // It's Christmas morning...what does it look like outside where you live?
Cold and brown, BUT on December 26th, I will look outside and see the sun, water, and palm trees.  :)

10 // You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe...who comes up to give you a kiss first?
Probably no one.  Lol!  If Myra was bored, she would come first.  If Josh was paying attention, it would be him, and if I had just walked in the door, it would be Scooter.

Because I waited until Christmas Eve to write this, I am pretty sure that it is too late to tag anyone.  Next year!

Happy Christmas to all and to all a Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great Christmas.


    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope that you had a great one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you, so please take a minute to leave me any comments, suggestions, funny stories, or advice about this journey called Mommyhood.

Becky :)