Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sunshine Award: 21 Questions!

Okay, so my blogging life is way more exciting than my real life, which consists of things like laundry, cleaning toilets, and changing diapers.  In my real life, those mundane tasks are just expected from me, but in my blogging life, I get awards for doing something I like.  So awesome.

This time, I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Award by both Lanaya at Raising-Reagan and Amber at Chaos and Crackers!  How cool is that?  If you have not checked out their blogs already, you are totally missing out, so get over there now!

The Real Housewife of Caroline County

I am going to be a rebel today and change the award rules a bit.  You are supposed to list 11 random facts about yourself and then answer the questions that your nominee asked you, but since I have two sets of questions, I am just going to skip the facts.  Doing all of it would be overkill because, let's face it, I am not all that interesting.  Plus, this works out to be 21 questions, which is kind of fun.  :)

So, without further ado, here goes!

1. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
If I could be greedy, both.  Mountain house in the winter, that has ski in/ski out access and a hot tub, and a beach house in the summer.  A girl can dream, right?!  

2. Computer or television?
Computer.  I have an unhealthy addiction to the Internet.  It is a combination of online shopping, blogging, and social media stalking.  Truth be told though, I am glad I don't have to choose because I also like TV.  

3. What is your dream job and why?
I know this sounds cheesy, but at this point in my life, my current job couldn't be better.  I work part time and am able to choose my own hours.  On the days that I work, I bring my daughter with me.  It seriously could not be more perfect.  I am very lucky.

Off to work / school with Mommy!

4. WordPress or Blogger.
Blogger.  It came up first on my google search (obviously) when I went to start my blog.

5. Describe a difficult time in your life.  How did you overcome it.
Moving to Blacksburg.  I seriously cried everyday for at least the first 6 months.  I couldn't believe how small and isolated it was and I was really homesick.  I got over it by putting on my big girl panties and getting over it.  :)  Although it may not be my first choice of a place to live, we have a great life here.  I love my part time job (see #3), we have a nice house, access to amazing outdoor activities, and we have met some great people.  Life is good.

6. If you could have dinner with someone, dead or alive, who would it be?
My deceased grandparents.  I would love to see them again.

7. Are you a dog or cat person?
Dogs.  They are so much more loyal and loving than cats.

My sweet and handsome firstborn. 

8. Have you or would you ever go skydiving?
Hmmm...don't know.  I have always thought that I would enjoy it, but I have a feeling that I would wimp out once it got to the point of actually jumping out of a plane.  Think about it: jumping out of a plane?!

9. What is your love language?
I am the one who buys nice gifts and does nice things for people.


10. Describe your personal style.
 Busy mom combined with boring 30-some woman.  Haha!  It is either yoga pants and a tank top or jeans, a solid colored shirt (maybe stripes if I am feeling saucy), and flip flops.  Uggs in the winter.  I am so boring.

Exhibiting a little more style than usual
while on an adults-only vacation to Napa in August.

11. If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
I am totally lame and know nothing about superheroes.  Maybe Catwoman.  Halle Berry played her, right?  So that means she is hot.

12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
When I was younger, I would have said something exotic like Hawaii, but now that I am old and practical, I would say Charlotte, NC or Charlottesville, Va.  In addition to apparently being obsessed with all things "Charlotte" they are two places that we have visited that have everything that we could want or need, while still being relatively close to family and friends.

13. What is your favorite television show?
Homeland.  If you have not seen it, you are seriously missing out.  Amazing.  I pretty much love anything that HBO and Showtime put out though.

14. What is your favorite thing to 'pin' on Pinterest?
Currently, Sesame Street birthday party ideas.  I told you, I am lame.

15. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No.  Lust, passion, and all of that other stuff, but love takes time.  And patience.  Lots of patience.


16. Favorite Fall Flavor: Apple or Pumpkin.
Man, that is a close call.  I would say pumpkin, but I also love apple.  I love everything fall.

Someone else loves pumpkin!

17. Which one of your teachers had the most impact on your life?
My 8th grade English teacher.  He was the one who really solidified my love of writing.  He also pushed me to overcome my shyness, especially in terms of public speaking.

18. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had quite a few phases.  For awhile I wanted to be a hairdresser, then it changed into wanting to be a realtor.  For most of my childhood though, I wanted to be a teacher, which is what I "grew up" to be.

19. How much time do you spend each day working on your blog?
Too much.  Probably a few hours.  It has taken the place of a lot of online shopping though, so it has been a good financial move for me.

20. Do you play any sports? 
I grew up playing tennis, but don't have time for that these days.  I jog, but it is solely to stay in shape.  There is little enjoyment in it.

21. What is the one thing that has surprised you the most about being a parent?
I would have to say the range and depth of emotions.  Everyone tells you that you just cannot believe how much you will love your child, and that is true, but there are so many more emotions that you just aren't prepared for.  Some are good, like the absolute joy and pride you feel towards your child, but some are scary, like how much you worry.  Along with the deep loves also comes deep frustration.  I have faced some of the most difficult times since becoming a mother, but it is amazing how quickly you forget the frustration.  Is it a crazy ride.

This sweet, sweet faces brings me so much joy.  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the comment and thank you again for nominating! The blogging community is so awesome and supportive. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you, so please take a minute to leave me any comments, suggestions, funny stories, or advice about this journey called Mommyhood.

Becky :)