Along those lines, I have to admit that I sometimes rail on him for not working as hard as I do around the home. To be fair to me, that is true. Although he is a wonderful and hands-on father, he really doesn't do as much as I do around the home. Especially when it comes to waking up with the Moose. He has done it once. It was my Valentine's Day gift. He still talks about it.
Tonight that all changed. My level of appreciation for him went way up. Like skyrocketed. I am very fortunate that my husband does not travel, so he is always here to help with the day to day. This week though, he has a business trip. When he told me, I kind of shrugged it off and my only thought about it was that I wish I could go with him and do some shopping. A girl has gotta have her priorities, right?
As I was putting the Moose to sleep tonight though, I had some more time to think, which lead to a major panic attack.
* What will I do if I can't get her to sleep? Hubbers goes upstairs and comforts her if she wakes up. If I go up, she cries. I guess I could keep her up with me, but that will cause me to lose both my patience and sanity.
* Who will cook her breakfast in the morning? During the week, she likes over easy eggs and I only make scrambled.
* How in the hell am I going to shower in the morning if he isn't here to watch her?? I can wake up early and do it before she gets up. With my luck though, she will also wake up early. Plus, I hate waking up early.
* Who will I talk to when I come home from work? I wish I had family in town. They would have me over for dinner. Note to self: DVR some Tabatha so that I don't die of boredom.
* How on God's green Earth am I am going to survive this business trip?!? Why is my life so hard? #firstworldproblems
That realization made me realize three MORE things:
1. Single moms are freakin' amazing. FREAKIN' AMAZING.
2. I would be a shi$$y single mom.
3. I am a wuss because he is only going away for one day. Yup. All of that over one day.
So, there it is. I said it, Husbandito, so I hope you are reading this. You are very helpful around the house and this impending trip is making me realize it. So, thank you. And PLEASE do not ever go away again.
Moose and DaDa having fun on the beach.