Friday, September 13, 2013

You know you are a Mom when..

You know you are a Mom when...
  • You look into your child's closet and realize that her most mediocre outfit is nicer than the best outfit you own.  Much nicer.
  • You are 10 minutes into a car trip by yourself when you realize that you have been listening and singing along to an Elmo DVD / CD.
  • You don't turn it off immediately because your favorite song is on.  This is the song...la la la la.  Elmo's song.  La la la la...
  • You no longer close the door when you use the bathroom.  What's the point?  As a side note, this  can become awkward when you forget to close it when you have company.
  • Waking up at 8:00am is sleeping in.
  • You get to work and realize that your clothes have spit up, food, boogers, poop, or some other unsightly and smelly thing on them (Body Fluid Indifference).
  • You talk about things like poop in normal conversation.
  • You go out in public feeling pretty spiffy because you have your "nice" yoga pants on.  
  • Your "purse" weighs at least 10 pounds and has enough food in it to survive at least a month in the wild.
  • A month alone in the wild sounds like a relaxing vacation.
  • Not one of the above things bothers or phases you once you see your baby's sweet smile in the morning.



Please share your thoughts with me.  What are your "you know you are a Mom when" moments?!

4 comments:

  1. haha I love this post! Soooooo true! Thanks for the laughs :)
    --Michelle @The MaMade Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The clothing one was the one that really hit me. I just looked down one day and was like, "what happened? I used to look nice?!" :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Becky! Your little Moose is such a cutey pie! Just wait 'til she's older, then you lose your identity altogether and everyone just starts to refer to you as "Moose's Mom". The clothes thing will continue too. My 13 year old daughter has more (and nicer) clothes than I do. I still don't close the door when I use the bathroom and get this! My kids think it's weird! LIttle do they know that they are the reason for my weirdness. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your observation that your kids don't know that they are the reason for your weirdness! Hilarious and so true! My mom always used to say, " I was cool before I had you. You just didn't know me back then." Now that I am a Mom, I see how true that really is! :)

    Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
    Moose's Mom ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you, so please take a minute to leave me any comments, suggestions, funny stories, or advice about this journey called Mommyhood.

Becky :)